Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hi,
Today is cold and windy. Yesterday it snow all day but thankfully there wasn't as much accumulation as predicted. Today my grandson has a 2 hour school delay. I haven't been posting because I have been trying to setup my blog,but I have taken the time to look at other blogs. I did have some good times in the last couple of weeks. January 31st I went to a tea at the Yankee Quilter. I made a Valentine table runner and a small wall hanging. Barb and Sue made 3 different kinds of scones (yummy), lemon curd, and clotted cream. We had a lot of fun sewing and eating. Last Friday our guild, The Southford Quilt Guild, had a guest speaker,Jennifer O'Brien from the J.T. Trading Corp.,spray and fix aerosol adhesives(505spray etc.). She presented a truck show of quilts made with fabric give to her from her various travels. She also taught a class the following day on making landscapes from photos. I was looking forward to taking this class, unfortunately my grandson's pinewood derby was the same day.
Jennifer, however, gave a little preview of the class at the meeting that gave me some incite into her method of doing landscapes. I have made a few myself and I really like doing them.
I'm sorry I haven't any photos of my projects yet,I don't have a digital camera. However I am looking into getting one. I am having a problem with my blog buttons. All of them were working at one time, now some of them don't work. HELP!
I have been hand quilting every day for the last week. I am working on a Celtic
Table runner. It's machine pieced and hand appliqued.
Well that is it for now, Happy Quilting, E.

No comments:

Post a Comment